Our Meal Pick-Up Location Has Changed, Effective September 14, 2020
We have two important Meal Program updates to share with you:
- Our Meal Pick-Up Location has changed. As of Monday, Sept. 14, FREE "grab-and-go" meals for ALL children 18 & under may be picked up at Dana Middle School, 5504 W. 135th Street, Hawthorne, from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. Da Vinci is now partnering with Wiseburn Unified to provide meals for all of our students. Free meals end on Dec. 31, 2020.
- Free & Reduced Price Meal Applications are now available. Apply by Oct. 1 to be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors, provided by generous donors. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to win some great prizes that will come in handy during distance learning! We are collecting meal applications from every single family regardless of whether you think you may qualify. We urge you to complete a meal application by Oct. 1 to help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students! You will automatically be entered into the raffle once a meal application is completed.
RISE‐New Earth students/families may pick up meals at the New Earth Site M‐F between 11:30AM ‐ 1:30PM
As you may have heard, California and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture have extended FREE meals for all children 18 & under through December 31, 2020 due to COVID-19. So, you may ask yourself:
Why Should I Fill Out a Meal Application?
- Free/Reduced Price Meals for the Entire 2020-21 School Year – Free meals end on December 31, 2020. Apply by Oct. 1 to receive free or reduced price meals for the remainder of the school year and to be entered into the raffle. Please apply even if you’re unsure if you're eligible. Help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students!
- College Application, SAT/ACT and Subject Test Fee Waivers - Students receiving free or reduced price meals receive UC, Cal State, Common App, SAT/ACT, and Subject Test fee waivers, saving your family potentially hundreds of dollars!
- Scholarships and Financial Aid - Scholarships and financial aid eligibility are often tied to student eligibility for free or reduced price meals.
- The Chance to Win Prizes! - Complete a meal application by Oct. 1 and you will be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors. Families who have already submitted their application will be automatically entered.
- Education Opportunity Programs - EOP programs provide academic support and financial aid for low-income, first-generation students.
- Grant Eligibility - Many funders determine eligibility based on the percentage of students who qualify for free and reduced price meals. Help us qualify for more grants by completing an application today!
There are several ways to complete a meal application (choose one):
- Apply online at www.mymealtime.com
- Here is a YouTube video to help guide you: https://youtu.be/PoDQUcJfAos
- Download a paper application, fill it out, take a clear photo, then email it to email@example.com or drop it off at our new meal service site at Dana Middle School, or at 201 N. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- You can also pick up an application at Dana or at 201. N. Douglas Street. El Segundo, CA 90245.
- Apply online at www.mymealtime.com
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to apply by Oct. 1st to be entered into the raffle!!!!
Meal Pricing (effective Jan. 1, 2021)
Please note that you will need to complete a Da Vinci application separately if you have students who attend both Da Vinci and Wiseburn schools.
Michael Gengler, Director of Dining Services
MyMealTime Online Application
> Create a MealTime Profile
> Apply Online for Free & Reduced Meals
> Make a Deposit
Print Meal Application [English]
Print out & turn in at a meal site, at 201 N. Douglas Street, or complete an online application