Thank you for your interest in Da Vinci Schools!
Applying to a new school is an exciting time for the whole family. The process can also bring up a lot of questions. The information and resources below include what to expect during the application and enrollment process.
The Da Vinci Schools new student application opens on November 1st each year. All families, including Wiseburn Residents, must apply so we know you are interested in a spot.
We look forward to getting to know you!
Create an account on SchoolMint on or after November 1
- Go to https://davincischools.schoolmint.net/
- Make sure you use an email address you check regularly -- all of our communications are sent out through this system
Start the Application
- Complete ONE application per student, high school applicants may rank their high school choice(s) in order of preference. We strongly encourage you to include more than one school choice on your application to maximize your chances for enrollment.
- Duplicate applications will be removed
- Make sure you review your school choices. You may make changes to your school rankings before the Priority Application Deadline of Feb. 28th
For RISE Applicants
- RISE applicants: Please contact Christian Navarro for enrollment inquiries, or visit the RISE website.
|November 1, 2022||Application opens for Fall 2023|
|December 2022 - February 2023||Information Sessions are held, visit Enrollment Overview to view dates and links|
|February 28, 2023||Priority Application Deadline for Fall 2023|
|March 9, 2023||Enrollment Lottery (attendance is optional)|
|March 10-16, 2023||Pre-Offers are sent out via email|
|March 17, 2023||Wait List Numbers are available on SchoolMint|
Priority Application Deadline
- All students/families interested in attending Da Vinci Schools should submit an online application through SchoolMint before February 28
- Those who apply before this date will be included in the Lottery, with the exception of Wiseburn Residents
- Those who apply after this date will not be included in the Lottery and will be placed at the end of the waiting list
Wiseburn Resident Enrollment Notification
- Wiseburn Residents who submit a completed application before the Priority Application Deadline will receive an offer of admission and a registration packet via SchoolMint
- To ensure you receive this priority, families will be asked to upload three (3) proofs of residency when submitting an application
- Those who apply after the Priority Application Deadline will receive an offer as space becomes available, but may not receive his/her first choice of school
- The Lottery will take place virtually (families do not need to be present); an independent third party will observe the Lottery
- Admission preferences/priorities are identified in our charters, authorized by state law, and validated by our enrollment team prior to the lottery. Admission preferences/priorities are configured into the SchoolMint lottery and determine offers and wait list status. Although students with an enrollment priority are not guaranteed admission, they are generally placed near the top of the waiting list if the enrollment application is submitted prior the Priority Application Deadline
- On Lottery Night, some students will be listed as "pre-offer". Those students who are in pre-offer status are guaranteed enrollment and will receive a notification from SchoolMint during the week of March 10-16, 2023
- Pre-offers will be sent out March 10-16, 2023
- Wait list numbers will be available in SchoolMint on or before March 17, 2023 after all pre-offers have been made
- Students will be placed on the waitlist for each grade in the order that their names were drawn during the public lottery
All families will be notified of the results of the lottery via email for each school that you applied to during the week following the lottery.
Offer of Admission -- ACCEPT or DECLINE
- It is your responsibility to accept or decline an offer by the deadline that is stated in the offer email.
- Failure to respond will result in the offer being rescinded and your spot will be given to the next student on the waiting list.
- If you accept a spot, you will be removed from all other waiting lists you may be on. You will be asked to complete online registration and to upload certain documents.
- Make sure you have completed all sections of the online registration packet. This includes uploading student’s birth certificate, immunization record, parent ID, and if applicable: IEP/504 Plan & custody documents
- Registration packet must be submitted by the deadline
- Please note: before the first day of school, parents/guardians will be asked to review their registration packet including emergency contacts, complete a meal application, and review additional forms as part of the “First Day of School” packet.
- You may decline the offer you received and remain on the waiting list for your first choice school
Waiting List Number
- WL Numbers can be monitored in your SchoolMint account
- If space becomes available, you will receive a notification from SchoolMint
- Wait list numbers do not carry over from the previous year. New applicants must re-apply each year.
- SchoolMint permits you to create an account using an email or phone number. We strongly encourage you to maintain an email address on record because this is the primary way we communicate with you. It’s very important that you keep your contact information up-to-date so you don’t miss any correspondence from us.
- For families who may have an existing SchoolMint account through Wiseburn Unified (or any other district), you must use the Da Vinci/SchoolMint login in order to apply to Da Vinci Schools.
- If at any time during the enrollment process you no longer wish to attend Da Vinci Schools, please be sure to contact us as soon as possible so we can give your spot to someone else on out waiting list or remove you from our waiting list(s).
- Da Vinci Schools are free, open-enrollment public schools. Students are accepted regardless of background, academic record, or special education eligibility. If more students apply than spaces are available, students are admitted by lottery with the aforementioned preferences. If you have any questions or concerns about our application or enrollment practices, please contact us at (310) 725-5800, x1351.
High School Enrollment
Da Vinci Connect & DVX
(310) 725-5800, x5104
Still looking for more information?
Explore our website for more information about our schools, signature programs and practices, student life, and more.
Connect with us!