School and Family Collaborative Education
Da Vinci Connect is a public charter school offering families two unique learning models that combine homeschool instruction with school-based learning.
**Space available now in Kindergarten for the 2019-20 school year! ** >> APPLY NOW!
Two Models (K-8)
Homeschool Hybrid Program – 2 days per week of project-based learning on campus, 3 days per week of homeschool.
Homeschool Collaborative Program – 1 day per week on campus, 1 field trip per week, 3 days per week of homeschool.
Families are the primary educators on non-classroom days.
+ Homeschool learning
+ Ongoing workshops and Parent Educator Conferences to support parent educators
+ On-site meetings with credentialed teachers to address/discuss goals and ask questions
+ Personalized learning opportunities
Social Emotional Curriculum
+ Multi-age learning experiences
+ Building and maintaining positive relationships
+ Compassionate communication
+ Building Habits of Heart and Mind
+ Community of care and collaboration
+ Learning-by-doing, with a constructivist focus
+ Opportunity for student voice and choice
+ Public Presentations of Learning
+ Real-world problem-solving
+ Aligned with Common Core State Standards
Our families choose Da Vinci Connect and homeschooling for many reasons. Here are a few they report:
- Homeschooling allows families to truly know how their children learn
- Homeschooling provides opportunities to explore passion projects
- Da Vinci Connect focuses on the learner as much as the learning
- Homeschooling enables the flexibility to participate in extracurricular learning that there is often little time for when students spend 35+ hours per week at school
- Da Vinci Connect has amazing, passionate and compassionate teachers!
- Project-based learning is awesome!
- Traditional schools often have bullying and "cliquish" behaviors
Did you know?
Da Vinci Connect is piloting a small high school program in 2019-20 with a focus on completing high school and college coursework simultaneously, flexible scheduling, online curriculum, in-person projects and supports, competency-based learning, and more.
Coalition of Essential Schools
California Charter Schools Association
California Consortium for Independent Study
Schools That Can