Da Vinci Extension (DVX) is excited to share that we are offering two unique pathways leading to college degree completion: DVX-UCLA Extension and DVX-College for America at Southern New Hampshire University.
In 2016-2017, we will pilot low cost, high quality Associate and Bachelor's degree programs that are directly aligned to workforce needs through College for America at Southern New Hampshire University (CfA at SNHU), a fully accredited nonprofit university.
We invite you to learn more about these two pathways below:
DVX - UCLA Extension 13th Year Pathway
Entering its second year, DVX-UCLA Extension is a 13th year university transfer and career pathway program for current Da Vinci students who wish to stay at Da Vinci an extra year beyond 12th grade to complete their freshman general education college coursework while gaining on-the-job work experience through paid and unpaid internships in the community -- all at no cost to families.
At DVX, students take general education college courses with a cohort of Da Vinci students in a blended format (some online and some classroom time) two evenings per week at Da Vinci through UCLA Extension, while completing internships during the day. In addition, students have access to tutoring, advising, teacher/professor office hours, and two internships (one non-profit and one for-profit). All earned credit will apply toward a bachelor's degree at the UC or CSU systems.
DVX - CfA at SNHU College Degree Pathway
Our fast-paced, competitive global economy needs diverse people who possess skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
A new partnership with College for America at Southern New Hampshire University offers students an affordable, flexible, and relevant to employment pathway to Associate or Bachelor's degree completion.
The DVX-College for America Approach
- Online, competency-based approach with real world projects.
- Earn an Associate degree in General Studies or Healthcare Management and a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business or Healthcare Management.
- $5,500 per year. The faster you earn your degree, the less money you pay.
- Federal financial aid available - for full Pell Grant recipients, college is FREE.
- Dedicated coach to provide in-person study support and help you navigate college and career.
- Flexible scheduling -- create a schedule that works for your life, move at your own pace. Go as fast or as slow as you need.
- Internship and job opportunities available through Da Vinci's industry partner network.
- Two transcripts: you'll earn a CfA transcript that reflects the mastered competencies and a traditional course transcript from SNHU.
- Rigorous, relevant and affordable college education - Students can earn up to one year of transferable college credit(s) through UCLA Extension for free while having access to Da Vinci's real-world, project-based curriculum OR complete their college degree at Da Vinci through CfA at SNHU.
- On-the-job work experience - Students gain on-the-job work experience in high-skill, high-demand jobs through paid and unpaid internships that are aligned with each student's interests.
- Professional mentoring and connections to industry partners - Students form mentoring relationships with industry professionals and have access to Da Vinci's network of working professionals.
- Continuous support and a sense of belonging - Students form strong connections with each other and with Da Vinci faculty, administrators, coaches, and college professors through projects, real-world learning experiences, tutoring, advising, and more.
- Access to higher education - Students have easy access to high-demand general ed courses that are frequently overenrolled in local community colleges or they can choose to complete their Associate's or Bachelor's degree right at Da Vinci!
For students who wish to transfer to a 2-year college or 4-year university, we make it as seamless as possible. UCLA Extension has a clear articulation agreement for students planning to transfer to the UC and CSU systems. College for America degrees and units are eligible for transfer. Note: As with all accredited programs, acceptance of transfer credits is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Please inquire with your universities of choice to confirm acceptance.
- DVX-UCLA Extension Pathway: Prospective students must be current 12th graders at Da Vinci Communications, Da Vinci Design or Da Vinci Science and be in good standing. Students will be required to “opt in” to the DVX-UCLA Extension pathway and will commit to a specialized program of advanced study for their 13th year. They will not receive their high school diploma until completion (or withdrawal from) the DVX program. Note: Students enrolled in the program will be permitted to “walk” in the graduation ceremony in June of their senior year. A diploma will be given at the conclusion of the DVX program.
- DVX-CfA at SNHU Pathway: Students must be current Da Vinci 12th graders or incoming DVX students in grade 13 or 14, Da Vinci alumni, or local aspiring students.
How to Apply
For more information, please contact:
Kim Merritt, Director
Da Vinci Extension
Updated: March 7, 2017