School and Family Collaborative Education
Da Vinci Connect is a public K-8 charter school offering families two unique learning models that combine homeschool instruction with school-based learning. >> Upcoming K-8 Information Meetings & Tours - Register Today!
Homeschool Hybrid Program – 2 days per week of project-based learning on campus, 3 days per week of homeschool.
Homeschool Collaborative Program – 1 day per week on campus, 1 field trip per week, 3 days per week of homeschool.
Families are the primary educators on non-classroom days.
- Homeschool learning
- Ongoing workshops to support parent educators
- On-site meetings with credentialed teachers to address/discuss goals and ask questions
- Personalized learning opportunities
Social Emotional Curriculum
- Multi-age learning experiences
- Building and maintaining positive relationships
- Compassionate communication
- Building Habits of Heart and Mind
- Community of care and collaboration
- Learning-by-doing, with a constructivist focus
- Opportunity for student voice and choice
- Public Presentations of Learning
- Real-world problem-solving
- Aligned with Common Core State Standards
Our families choose Da Vinci Connect and homeschooling for many reasons. Here are a few they report:
- Homeschooling allows families to truly know how their children learn
- Homeschooling provides opportunities to explore passion projects
- Da Vinci Connect focuses on the learner as much as the learning
- Homeschooling enables the flexibility to participate in extracurricular learning that there is often little
time for when students spend 35+ hours per week at school
- Da Vinci Connect has amazing, passionate and compassionate teachers!
- Project-based learning is awesome!
- Traditional schools often have bullying and "cliquish" behaviors
Coalition of Essential Schools
California Charter Schools Association
California Consortium for Independent Study
Schools That Can